Monday, October 24, 2005

No internets?

The other day I came home to the sound of music. Two of the girls1 that live in the house were in the piano room, one playing, the other singing. They couldn't seem to get very far in any one song because of the difficulties the pianist was having with sight-reading the accompaniment — but they were having a good time it seemed. Later, after I finagled my way onto the piano bench, I accompanied the singer on a couple of songs. Now, I am no better a sight-reader than the girl who was playing the piano before me, if anything I am worse. The trick she was missing was that you only really need to play the guitar chords marked in the music. The singer sings the melody, so you end up not needing to sight-read anything.

The girls later told me that the only reason they were downstairs in the piano room playing music was that the house internet connection was down.

I promise that one day, I will actually write something interesting here.

1. I'm allowed to say 'girls' because that's how they refer to themselves. So there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog mr. sirokman.

10/27/2005 02:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home